Monday, February 1, 2010

Don't Adjust Your TV Nails Did

As you may or may not know I work in the glamorous world of TV managing TV promotions for 7 Canadian stations including (but not limited to) W Network, YTV and CMT. And when I say glamorous I mean not actually glamorous at all. Actually radio was like 100x's more glamorous...but only because I got free swag like ALL the time: movie tickets, beer, clothes, video games. In TV I can't even steal decent office supplies! Oh well, at least my nails look snazzy!



Today my nails are inspired by the industry I know and love. And the screen we see at least once a week. Good old Rogers cable!  I used this picture as my template:



To start off and to make things a wee bit easier I drew lines on my nails as a sort of grid to where I was going to draw in the colours with a pen and then I set to work. I used a lot of colours so I'll just list all that I used:

  • Frankened grey from China Glaze White on White and Liquid Leather
  • CG Solar Power
  • CG For Audrey
  • Nail art pens in Red, Green, Purple and Blue
  • CG Neon Purple Panic
  • CG Liquid Leather and Sexy in the City for the dark blue
  • CG White on White
Then I just filled in the boxes one by one with a small brush until they were all full.

I topped it off with Seche Vite to make everything stay in place. SO - this was a long mani I'm not going to lie. Between doing frankens, drawing grids and painting everything with a small brush  by hand I was running about 2.5 hours. BUT I did it watching House and Ultimate Cakes and Ben rewatching the Giants win the superbowl (for the 3rd time :S) so I had some time.



Phew...next time though I'll lean on the side of something a little simpler LOL. But they look pretty cool so I guess the time spent was worth it!!

6 comments:

Paige said...

That is so creative, I love it!!!

Polish and Powder said...

what a clever idea, love them :o)

Kirsten (The Dutch Nail Blog) said...

OMG that is awesome! I love it!

Anonymous said...

That very cool and original. Never seen a mani like this before. I like it!

Anonymous said...

amazing! I'd have never thought to do something like that!

Niki* said...

Thanks everyone! At 2.5 hours or so it's not a mani I'd do again any time soon but it was fun to do!

I'm trying to figure out how to do TV noise for a future mani...like you know when the TV goes to snow?

I dont know...flick the brush at my nail for a splatter effect? Any suggestions?

Related Posts with Thumbnails