Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Spy vs. Spy Nails Did

Spy vs. Spy was the only reason why I used to beg my Grandma to buy me MAD Magazine. So I was actually planning another mani but I'll have to save it for later in the week because this one popped into my head yesterday and I thought it would be way fun to do!

So for the black base I used China Glaze Liquid Leather and for the red OPI Thrill in Brazil. The white is a combo of nail art pens and CG White on White. I frankened the pink colour for their skin and a frankened grey for the bomb and the black Spy's highlight (which I forgot to do on the left side :S lol). The bomb fuse and the smaller black and white lines are all done with nail art pens.

Speaking of left sides, I thought I'd take a photo of my right hand for once (and also just so everyone doesn't think that I just photo my left hand to show off my sparkly ring! lol). I get asked every now and again whether I'm ambidextrous. The answer is no. However, I think with practice I've definitely improved. Funny how I can hardly spell my name with my left hand and yet I manage to paint little things on my nails. Go figure. As you can see its not perfect, but its pretty close to the right!!!
right hand

  left hand

5 comments:

Liz (iceomatic's nails) said...

This manicure made me want to scream, "Hell yeah!!!" Excellent on SO many levels! I love spy vs. spy. I wish I still had all my old Mad magazines. Great job!!

Delainie said...

LOVE THIS! I remember drawing out comics in elementary school.. My best friend and I were the only girls with enough skills to join the boys Spy Vs. Spy club - good times!!

Paige said...

I love this, this is so creative!

Anonymous said...

Very cool, like this a lot! I have no clue how you free hand nail design. I would love to be able to have a talent like that

Niki* said...

Thanks everyone!!! It was fun to do and I love rue simple colour scheme :)

Kelly - sure you can do it! Just get a thin brush and give it a try!! You'll probably surprise yourself. I certaintly did considering I can't draw to save my life. Lol

Related Posts with Thumbnails