Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ouch! Scars Nails Did

This nail art was inspired by my friend Melanie who, two days ago while running to catch her Go train, face-planted into some concrete! She now has a wicked limp that's totally hot. So I thought I'd do some sort of busted up, bruised nails...but thought scars would look so much cooler! And it was super easy. So to make it a bit more challenging I tried frankening some polish again to get a skin tone. For the frankened fleshy pink I used China Glaze White on White with a dot of Opi's Thrill in Brazil, China Glaze Solar Power, and Sally Hansen's Emerald City. Mine came out a bit too pink for my liking, but the mixture was drying really fast so I had to cut my losses.


Then I just used some nail art pens in black and this really runny blood red that I never thought I'd get to use unless it was Halloween. I guess I was wrong! I think they turned out really rad! I even did a video tutorial with the BEST MUSIC EVER. Its a sweet mix between awesome and elevator music. You have to watch the tutorial just for it. Do it! I think I may use it for all of my tutorials that I do its so tutorialicious!

Note to self for future tutorials: choose a camera angle that shows your work instead of the back of your hand. Whatever I cut most of those parts out.

Another note: 4 hrs to upload a 2min YouTube video?!? Seriously!? Am I the only one that thinks that's completely ridiculous!? BAH.

Update: Here is Mel's cool scab!

eeweweewwwww

2 comments:

Paige said...

I love this mani, it is so creative!

Niki* said...

Thank you! It was both fun and easy :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails