Friday, July 23, 2010

The Heat is on in Saigon + Chilly Penguin Nails Did

You know what's awesome? Turning on your computer to see the a blue screen that says: Virus Detected please check the F Drive - and then cycles through start up again, and again...and again.

SO - sufficed to say I haven't been able to post in a bit since my computer went kaput so I'm going to do a 2-in-1!!

My first mani I bring you to you my Miss Saigon nails. Ben bought us (well me let's be honest) tickets to see the musical Miss Saigon. I've been waiting FOREVER to see it since it was last in Toronto and I LOVED it. The music was beautiful and the voices were fantastic. If you're into musicals and you ever get the chance to check this one out I highly recommend it!














I used OPI's Thrill in Brazil for the base and then free-handed China Glaze Solar Power for the yellow suns. I then blended the bottoms out with a sponge. I used a black nail art striper pen for the writing that's supposed to also look like a helicopter. I was absolutely in love with this mani and how it came out.



For my next mani I wanted to turn down the heat a bit because its been so FREAKING hot here in Toronto. Like sweltering. Now, I'm not about to complain too hard because last year we hardly got a summer at all so I'd much rather some sun and heat then rain and cloud...but cmoooon 40c with the humidex!? WHY?!? And also I loooooooove penguins so much! They're so cute!!





I used China Glaze White on White for the base and black and orange nail art pens for the penguins bodies and beaks.


And if you haven't already - there's only 2 more days to enter my contest for a $60 gift certificate! Enter now!!! The prize is pretty sweet!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

so cute !!!!!
amazing mani !!!

Unknown said...

Those penguins are SO CUTE!!! awww :) Happy Feet!! lol

AggiePigeon said...

those penguins kinda look like the Linux penguins, cute!

Midge said...

awww the penguins are so cute!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails