Sunday, May 2, 2010

Monopoly Nails Did

Back when I had my 125 followers contest Brooke from Babbling Brooke suggested I do Monopoly nails, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Let me tell you - writing with nail polish is HARD. Seriously..especially on my right hand. I think "Boardwalk" came out looking more like "Borrowed", but whatever LOL. The effect is definitely still there :)

Its funny because this is actually one of the games that I despise the most - and only because Ben completely ruined it for me. I've never been that good with personal finances and this game is Ben's chance to exploit that weakness completely. I always end up with Baltic Avenue and he's got 2 hotels on Boardwalk and all the railroads - jerk.

So I used China Glaze For Audrey as the base and then some nail art pens in black, white, blue and red. I also used China Glaze Sexy and the City and Lemon Fizz, L.A. Colors Art Deco in neon purple, and Billy Polish in Burning Hot.

Speaking quickly about giveaways - I will be doing another soon!! I think I'm going to try to wait until I reach 250 followers...although I'm never one to be patient so you never know when it'll pop up!!!

12 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love this, as usual! I like monopoly as well, but obviously in the UK we have different street names.

The Student's Guide To Nail Polish said...

I second Rebecca's comment - our two most expensive streets are Mayfair and Park Lane. Still, as far as I'm aware, the colours are the same. But I love Monopoly! It's such a great game!

L said...

OMG these are too cute!

Michelle said...

Dangit! That looks darn cool!

Emma said...

great effort with the words...i could never do that!

shortwidenails said...

super cute. i don't want to even imagine writing on nails..ekk.

i'd probably lose focus after one nail. even doing straight lines i'm super focused.....then get tired. it takes me a few days to do a detailed nail design.

Ben said...

I am not a sore winner!!! I just win all the time.

Akuma Kanji said...

Ahahaha, I just love this mani! Super cute and brings back my childhood ^___^

Unknown said...

OMG, I love them, my favorite nail is the train!

Niki* said...

Rebecca,
The Student's Guide To Nail Polish - Thanks! I used to have a Toronto version too, there's like a million versions of Monopoly now!

L, Michelle - Thank you ladies!

Emma - ahahah clearly I cant either :P

shortnails - it was seriously so much harder than I thought..and the right hand was just a write off LOL

Ben - OMG you ARE TOO!

Akuma Kanji - thank you!

Jackie S. - the train was my favorite too!

Julissa said...

So awesome!

Monopoly never ends. Haha.

Unknown said...

I'm so late seeing this but I LOVE your Monopoly nails!!! they are SO CUTE!! The train is adorable, I love the GO nail, the car and the chest are awesome, and the question mark is spot-on. They are so cute and so obviously Monopoly :D I LOVE IT!

Related Posts with Thumbnails